1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
I know Anna and the French Kiss came out in 2010, but I didn’t read it until 2011 Definitely my favorite.
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
Vixen by Jill Larkin. I wanted to love this book. I liked the glamour aspect and the cover was so pretty. But I just didn’t get into it. The characters were really whiny and annoyed me too much for me to like the book
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross. I wasn’t sure what to expect out of this book, but after reading it I fell in the love with steampunk and can’t wait to read more. Any recommendations?
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. It doesn’t matter what kind of book rec they want, I ALWAYS add Revolution. I love this book so much!
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
I love the Infernal Device series by Cassandra Clare, and I’m happy to finally have Clockwork Prince in my possession.
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Stephanie Perkins and Rachel Hawkins. I’ve already stated my love for Anna (Lola’s still on my shelves. I’m saving it And I love Rachel Hawkins– she’s snarky and hilarious.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I don’t really ready ghost or horror books. The Revenant by Sonia Gensler had more spook to it then I would normally read.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Mockingjay! Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. I couldn’t put this book– I had to know what was going to happen and how this was going to end.
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Lola and the Boy Next Door and The Name of the Star– these books came out on the same day and I’m so excited to see them on the shelves! Great authors and amazing books.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
11. Most memorable character in 2011?
Sophie from Hex Hall. LOVE her.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. READ THIS. NOW.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman. What powerful books.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
The Hunger Games! I should have bought this book when it came out.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
Ready for this? I love quotes!
“I’ve only ever loved two boys—both of them with the last name Fisher. Conrad was first, and I loved him in a way that you can really only do the first time around. It’s the kind of love that doesn’t know better and doesn’t want to—it’s dizzy and foolish and fierce. That kind of love is really a one-time-only thing.” -We’ll Always Have Summer
“But I’d do it again. I know that now. I’d make that promise a thousand times over and lose her a thousand times over to have heard her play last night or to see her in the morning sunlight. Or even without that. Just to know that she’s somewhere out there. Alive.” -Where She Went
“Archer Cross, resident bad boy and total heartthrob. Warlock. Every girl here is at least, like, half in love with him. Crushing on Archer Cross
might as well be a class.” -Hex Hall
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.” -Clockwork Angel
“These people have history and I crave history. I crave someone knowing me so well that they can tell what I’m thinking. Jonah Griggs takes my hand under the table and links my fingers with his and I know that I would sacrifice almost anything just to keep this state of mind, for the rest of the week at least.” -Jellicoe Road
“My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl.” -The Iron Knight
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
I want to reread The Hunger Games before the movie comes out! I always seem to forget things that happened in book.
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
We’ll Always Have Summer– I was so attached to those characters after 3 years of reading the books and I need to talk about Belly and what has going on in her brain. There were also some scenes in The Mortal Instruments series that I just couldn’t get over.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
Past Perfect by Leila Sales– I love the concept of this book!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
Isla and the Happily Ever After. MORE STEPHANIE PERKINS.
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
Read more! And get a good schedule for blogging. I love being a partner at the Avid Reader and I need to step up my game. So here’s to a more blogging, more reading and a great year at TSLoaAR!